Gloucester Presbyterian Church
91 Pike Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1T 3J6 | 613-737-3820, 613-701-3804
Program Assistant 2021- Job Description
Application deadline is June 18, before 5 pm.
The Program Assistant will be asked to deliver weekly virtual programs for children on Sundays. The program assistant will also be involved in organizing special events to support children, youth, and families. These special events will include a virtual Vacation Bible School, Messy Church, and other children’s programs. The program Assistant may be required to undertake minor office duties to support the church during the annual vacation of the church secretary.
The Program Assistant will understand and carry out his/her duties in accordance with the Mission of Gloucester Church:
“We are learning to love and follow Jesus and to bless our neighbors.”
The Program Assistant will work collaboratively with others to design and deliver virtual programs for kids aged 4-11 years, youth aged 12-17 years and families. He or she will also be involved in the delivery of creative outreach events for families in the church and neighborhood. The Program Assistant will help with some in-person administrative tasks such as filing, telephone answering, assistance with bulletin preparation, collecting mail, preparing outgoing mail and updating material for files, where necessary. These activities will be supervised jointly by the Youth Leader and Church Secretary. The prospective candidate will also be adequately supported and mentored by the Minister.
The position of Program Assistant will be for 12 hours weekly for a period of 23 weeks, beginning in June.
The successful candidate for the position of
Program Assistant will:
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age
- Demonstrate a vibrant and mature faith in Jesus
- Be committed to personal spiritual growth
- Demonstrate schedule flexibility
- Have at least completed Grade 12
- Be a Canadian, permanent resident or protected refugee
- Complete a police check
Skills and Competencies
The prospective candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and leadership qualities
- Become familiar with Gloucester Church and support its life and ministry
- Be comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Be comfortable leading virtual programs and activities for children
- Demonstrate the ability to work with kids with special needs
- Take initiative and work independently
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others
- Have expertise in social media usage
Preference will be given to a candidate with fluency in English and French
$14.25 per hour
2 references are required, including one from a faith-based mentor.